Monday, August 8, 2022

I'm NOT a Morning Person


Morningstar was a morning person. She would get up at the crack of dawn and sit quietly with her coffee until it was time for everyone else to wake up, or when we were younger - wake everyone up. 

This is not something I inherited from her. I can barely get out of bed at a regular hour - in fact if I could sleep until noon I would be happiest. My Dad used to call me his little "bush baby" - these are small nocturnal primates that live on the African continent.

Reference: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/facts/bushbabies 

Side Note: my Dad grew up in Africa/India because my Grandfather was in the military - so many references he uses are from there, I had no idea what a bush baby was until I was much older 🐒 I just thought he was calling me a monkey 🐒.

My husband is like this. Gets up early and instead of coffee he goes for a workout. He's ex military so I guess this is part of his routine, and I admire it - but I am not functional without my coffee.

This morning I was awake at 5 am with the dogs - and I considered getting up. But nope the bed won and my husband got up with them, while I was in bed I remembered waking up at the trailer to let the dogs out early in the morning (so Rob can sleep) and I would look over and Mom would be sitting in her spot on the deck. Sometimes I would make a cup of coffee and go over and sit in silence with her. Sometimes we'd talk about stuff, sometimes sit and stare off into the morning haze. 

I miss those mornings. 

Updated - Sir sent me an image to share here is Mom early in the morning working on her blog (at least that is what I imagine she is doing)



5 comments:

  1. I know that morningstar was a morning person. If I had put the wrong time into my scheduled, daily post and one was not there in time for her morning coffee, I would get complaints. :) In the weekends, I get up sort of early, but the mornings are my favourite relax time and I am seldom ready to meet the world before noon.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely memories of your Mom. I am not a morning person either. Very much a night owl, too much so at times.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to bed at midnight. My husband gets up at 2:00am to go to work. He doesn't have to, he could work from nine to five, but he likes his those early morning hours. I admire morning people, but I'm not one. Thanks to you and Sir Steve for sharing the picture with us - and I can tell she is obviously blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was not with Sir Steve but with me Sir and she WAS blogging and coffee PK...

      Delete
  4. Hi, I'm Ronnie. I loved stopping by and reading what Morningstar had to say and yes she was a morning person. No me,I hate mornings.

    Lovey memories. Thanks for sharing her picture.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Sensory Overload or Company Holiday Parties

This weekend in addition to a major assignment, there was also the company Holiday party.  No big deal right? The plan was to go, have some ...