Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Dear Mom

 


Dear Mom,

We missed you this weekend. It was J’s birthday party (littlest grandson), and everyone was there. The first time we had seen everyone since the pandemic. You know all of the extended family… I missed you. I know Steve missed you. It was weird.

I got an A+ on my last course at school. I cried. I wanted to call you and tell you how well I was doing, and that you inspire me to keep going even when it’s hard. I called Steve. I cried. He was thrilled for me, and all I could do was think of you.

I’m doing well in my current course, I like the professor and more importantly I’m learning from her. 

It snowed here, and I thought of how you hated winter. It’s cold. I finally get it. Ever since we lost Buffy I have lost the joy of snow. She really loved winter so much, now that she and Spike are gone I have kind of lost that sparkle and love for winter. Willow the princess she is won’t go outside if it’s cold, and Diesey well he takes two steps outside and runs back in. It’s not fun anymore and it’s has only just begun.

I’m not going to decorate for Christmas this year. I know you loved Christmas - and that is kinda why I’m not going to decorate. I have all the ornaments, and decorations… and I don’t want to face you not being here. Also we’re going to NB for the holidays to be with SiL’s family. He hasn’t been home to see family in over 5 years- so it’s time. It doesn’t make sense for us to decorate and then go away and take it down when we get back. 

You are always on my mind Mom, I wish you were here.

Love you muchly

Dae

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely letter Dae, belated Happy Birthday to J and congratulations on the A+. I'm so glad to hear your study is going well.

    Morningstar would have loved the birthday party and she would be so proud of you. I will miss her Christmas prep posts this year.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Roz, thank you :) next year I will continue her Christmas traditions including the blog posts.

      Delete
  2. What a great letter. This year you just do anything you want to get through it. I miss her too. I wish you all the best for this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PK. We are all struggling with her not being around anymore. I am sending virtual hugs.

      Delete

Sensory Overload or Company Holiday Parties

This weekend in addition to a major assignment, there was also the company Holiday party.  No big deal right? The plan was to go, have some ...