Thursday, September 1, 2022

Dear Mom

Dear Mom, 

I went to message you today, and like so many times before I remembered as I picked up my phone that you were gone. I thought maybe I could message you anyway, even if you didn’t reply - but figured it would freak out (Sir) Steve. 

Really I just wanted to see how you were, and I am hoping that you are feeling amazing where you are, that you have the energy to clean and organize to your hearts content. 

Are Gramma and Grampa with you? Are they helping you settle in?

Have you found Buffy? I miss her and I feel only mildly better that you will be with her, I still miss you. But that’s kind of how I am getting through you being gone. I like to imagine that you are sitting on the camping swing with Buffy sitting beside you, and your giving her skritches and whispering to her that I will be along soon. Did you know I couldn’t find a picture of you and her for your memorial? I have a picture with you and Spike, Willow and even Diesel - but none of Buffy. 

Speaking of Spikey, he is going to come and stay with you soon, he is still having issues with his breathing and the tumour, and I know he will be happy to be with his Granny again. 

We’ve been on vacation this week at the trailer, and a few times Spike walked over to your trailer looking for you. You are on everyone’s mind. Except maybe Diesel, he never got to know you at the campground. He likes to chase all the squirrels though, I think he honours his Granny in every squirrel he chases up a tree.

Rob is doing well - mostly. He misses your cookies and your talks. 

I am going back to school on Monday, and as per my usual I am nervous and excited but I got my new school supplies and all my books and I am ready to get back into it! 

Ok Mum, I have to go now, it’s dinner time and Rob is asking me to bring him BBQ sauce and set the table. 

Wish you were here,

XOXO

Dae

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful wors Dae, so lovely and heartfelt.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written - I hope you write her often over the years.
    PK

    ReplyDelete

Sensory Overload or Company Holiday Parties

This weekend in addition to a major assignment, there was also the company Holiday party.  No big deal right? The plan was to go, have some ...