Thursday, August 4, 2022

Yesterday I Cried - A lot

I think I’ve cried a few times since Mom got sick, but since she died I haven't really expressed a lot of emotions - until yesterday. 

Yesterday I cried, a lot. It was like a wave of sadness washed over me and all I could do was cry. I would stop, then tear up, and cry again. 

I had mostly got it under control, and then I saw my neighbour who asked after my Mom, I haven't seen that neighbour since Mom died... I burst into tears and she felt bad, then I felt bad. 




3 comments:

  1. Tears are a good thing. Let yourself feel what you need to feel. I definitely relate to this. When we lost mum it would come and go, and sometimes when I least expected it.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Far better than bottling things up. People should not be afraid of their own emotions.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right now, you need to cry, and I hope you will whenever you need to. But I’ll tell you a funny story. Several months after mom died, I was doing pretty well – except at church. All these sweet little old ladies, mom’s friends, would come and hug me and I lost it every time. My son gave me a weird suggestion. He said, ‘When they come up to hug you, lick them on the neck. Then they’ll stop.’ He was teasing but it did make me smile. The next Sunday when the ladies started, he went behind them where only I could see and mimicked the act of licking them. Again, it caused me to laugh a little and it kept me from crying.

    There is nothing wrong with crying and for you it just happened so please let the tears out. But if you really are in a situation where someone is about to make you cry and you really don’t want to… lick them.

    ReplyDelete

Sensory Overload or Company Holiday Parties

This weekend in addition to a major assignment, there was also the company Holiday party.  No big deal right? The plan was to go, have some ...