Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Celebration of Morningstar’s Life


Ever been too busy to realize that your grieving? Like every so often you remember that your Mom is gone and you tear up, but you have so much to do and think about that you’re like - “No time - got to get back to work…”?

Between work, preparing for my return to school, a volunteer event that I am trying to coordinate and the celebration of Mom’s life on the weekend my schedule is pretty full. 

Over the past few weeks we (the family) have been going through pictures putting together a presentation for her celebration of life. This week I have been editing and timing the presentation for display - and I have been looking at a lot of images from the past. Baby pictures (which barely look like my Mom) to pictures of her as a young woman- where I can see where my sister and I get so many of the facial expressions  we are known for… I look at the pictures of a very young Morningstar and I wonder what her hopes and dreams were when she was young…

Fast forward a few decades and there are pictures of her as a Mother, Teacher, Grandmother, Wife… but looking at the earlier pictures I saw another side of my Mom I didn’t always see, the daughter, sister and a young woman not unlike myself (and my sister).

I smile as I think about the photos I can’t add to the presentation, the kinky life she led. Although I have thought about slipping a few in for fun ;) 

I’m not hardly done with the presentation - and I expect there will be a few more posts (and maybe some pictures) about some of these memories - because this would be a true celebration of her life. 

Stay tuned.


4 comments:

  1. I remember doing this for our Mum. Unfortunately at the time we were unable to locate photos of some milestone moments in her life, but thankfully have since uncovered them. Going through this exercise was definitely a time of mixed emotions.

    It would be so wonderful to read more about Morningstar, and see some photos if you are willing to share. She is deeply missed by many here. I am sure the celebration of her life will be a wonderful and fitting tribute to her.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we broke up and morningstar left, she left lots of things that she didn't want ( legally signed them over to me ) including her personal computer with lots of photos of her and ones she had shot ( she loved to photograph things including going back to college to learn more ) that from time to time I do look at and remember her love...

    She always had a photo of herself on her dresser when she was about 6 years old that had faded and discoloured that I was able to return it to its original state, I am so glad I was able to do that and give her back a smile seeing it...

    SirWT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could make a second presentation to show the Grandkids, when they have grown up. But perhaps that is a bad idea, I have a really bratty side. :)

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy each and every picture you find.

    ReplyDelete

Sensory Overload or Company Holiday Parties

This weekend in addition to a major assignment, there was also the company Holiday party.  No big deal right? The plan was to go, have some ...