Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday Sentiments (COVID EDITION)

 Last week we (SIL and I) got the COVID. 

Being sick makes you want your parents - and in my case specifically my Mom. My sister and I joke about needing Mom when we are sick if only to tell us to “get up” and “get on” with life. We simply hate being coddled - because while Mom was ALWAYS there when we were sick she also reminded us that we weren’t dying.

I was so sick though I could not even conjure her voice telling me to get up and get things done. I did hear the rarer soothing words from her though - you will live through this, and you’re not going to die… and once while I was vomiting (yes my COVID presentation included vomiting, fever, and a few other unpleasant things that SIL did not get) I did hear her say “you’re done vomiting, go brush your teeth and get back to bed”.

I’m just so glad she did not get this disease. 

We’re on the mend now (although still not leaving the house for fear of infecting other people) hopefully we will be better enough to help go though her things next weekend with Sir Steve. 

Have a great week ahead folks! I already know that no matter what next week will be better than the last one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dae,

    Oh no, sorry to hear you succumbed to the dreaded covid and that you had it to a horrid degree by the sound of it. Glad you are feeling better than you were and hope you fully recover quickly.

    Being sick really does make you want your Mom. I always find the sane thing.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not good. I hope that your COVID is the short type. Getting my fourth shot, at the end of this month.

    Prefectdt

    ReplyDelete

Sensory Overload or Company Holiday Parties

This weekend in addition to a major assignment, there was also the company Holiday party.  No big deal right? The plan was to go, have some ...